Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chocberry Granola


At long last a new muesli variety! Chocberry Granola has been a long time in the making and I am really pleased with this one. Its a super crunchy muesli with NZ rolled oats, sunflower seeds, linseed & Manuka honey as the base with toasted almonds, sultanas, dates, coconut chips, dried cranberries and DARK CHOC CHIPS! All topped off with a new label design too.

I have so many ideas for different mueslis and would love to roll out a few more but the process is not that easy. Firstly I have to experiment with recipes and flavours & textures while still keeping the muesli healthy. Its really easy to boost flavours with oil & sugar but then I wouldn't be creating a healthy natural muesli! Each time I make a different recipe I have to run the ingredients through a Nutrition Calculator to see if I am happy with the calorie, fat, protein, carb & sugars content. Then more recipe adjusting. I have to be totally happy with this process before rolling it out as once I have my labels made up thats it - I have to stick with that recipe to ensure the nutrition levels are right for each batch. So each bag of muesli is a complete labour of love (-:

I highly recommend the Chocberry Granola sprinkled on top of Boysenberry Ice cream with some fresh berries thrown in. Yummo!

1 comment:

  1. the behind the scenes work involved is interesting! lotsa work...and this sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete